March 27, 2010

My first project

I am happy to be able to share with you my first project. I have been trying to find more time to craft. My kids keep me pretty busy and when they napped, I napped. LOL! But I need to do what makes me happy and that is to craft. So many things I want to create, so many tools to use and so little time to do so.
So on to the card, I made this card about a week ago but I need to tweak it a little. There were a few things I didn't like with the other one, placement mostly.

Here is my card:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



I used Kraft cardstock from Stampin' UP! for the base of the card. The stamp set I used is called "You're Dandy" from Practicing Creativity Designs. This stamp set is so adorable. It comes with 20 fabulously cute stamps in this set. I used the small and large rays and stamped it with Versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
The pattern paper and flower embellishment is from Basic Grey's Green at Heart Collection.
The chipboard frame and chipboard letters are both from American Crafts. The chipboard letters are Thickers called Bliss.
I finished off the card by rounding the corners (not sure the brand of my corner rounder).
This card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and has a matching envelope. I lined a Kraft envelope from Stampin' UP! with a scrap piece of Green at Heart paper.

If you are interested in the Basic Grey supplies I used check out my store Artfuldelight.com. I don't have any American Crafts products yet but I do have some Cosmo Cricket, Stampin' UP!, Basic Grey and Zutter.

Supplies:
Stamps - Practicing Creativity Designs (You're Dandy)
Paper - Stampin' UP! (Kraft and Certainly Celery), Basic Grey (Green at Heart collection)
Ink - Versamark
Misc - clear embossing powder (Stampin' UP!), dimensional adhesive (Stampin' UP!), thickers-bliss (American Crafts), chipboard frame (American Crafts)

1 comment:

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute! I love what you did with the Rays!