April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday!







This is a card I made for my dad's birthday in the beginning of March. Yeah I know I could have posted it then but I have been trying to get "all my ducks in a row" before I plunged into daily blogging and crafting. Again, it will take some time to get regular.
I will give credit to where credit is due, I saw this layout/design on another blog. I was looking for a masculine card design for my dad. At My Chic'n Scratch she made a card for her dad and this was the layout. I did however use different paper. I just loved the look of the card and wanted to make one of my own. BTW, my dad loved the card. :-) Again with the Kraft cardstock for the base and a layer of So Saffron to get the card started. I used PP from Basic Grey's Origins collection (I believe). I also used a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock. The stamp sets I used were Stampin' UP!, Happy Moments and Well Scripted. I love SU's Well Scripted set, it is so beautiful!
I colored in the presents with my Copics and Blender Pens. I added a little crystal effects to the dots on the package. I also sponged a light brown chalk ink on the edges of the white cardstock. I am not sure the name of it.
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' UP! Well Scripted and Happy Moments
Paper: Kraft, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip, Stampin' UP!....PP from Basic Grey's Origins Collection
Ink: Black Stazon
Misc: Crystal Effects, Copics, Blender Pens
**If you would like to purchase products from Basic Grey, American Crafts, Zutter, Cosmo Cricket, Practicing Creativity Designs or Sassafras check out my online Store.......



No comments: