April 11, 2010

Let's get this party started

I have been crafting up a storm over the last week. Every chance I get I try and make a card. "Me time" is limited with 4 kids, LOL! So this card was for a sketch challenge earlier in the week. Unfortunately I don't know which one, :-O Sorry!
If you become a regular follower, you will learn something about me. I am a very visual person, I LOVE sketch challenges. Tony (my boyfriend) says I should sketch out my own cards and projects before I make them but I just can't do that. I design a card as I go a long. I have a general idea but I pick everything out as I go a long, that is why it takes me an hour or two, sometimes, to make a card.
I will pick out the base which you will also learn my fav is Kraft and then I will pick each layer of the card as I go a long. I never assemble the card until I am certain it is what I want. Now don't get me wrong there are plenty of time that even after it is done I am not happy and will tweak the card. I will either make a whole new one or swap out what I don't like on the existing card. I am not sure if that will get better the more frequent I get the craft or if that is just how my brain works, either way a card does get completed and most of the time to my liking. More than likely I won't post it if I don't like it. If I am unsure how I feel I may post it and see how you guys like it.
Well without further delay, here is my first card:











So for this card I used my fav, Kraft cardstock from Stampin' UP! for the base. All the PP is from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection. The cardstock is both from Stampin' UP!, So Saffron and Whisper White. I used my sewing machine to put a stitch border on the So Saffron cardstock. The stamp set is from Practicing Creativity Designs called For the Love of Dots. It is a new set that was released April 6. This stamp set is super fab, probably one of my favorites from Practicing Creativity Designs.




Oh the creativity that can come from this stamp set. Those dots are simply devine.
Anywho, the buttons are also from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection. If you look at the dots around the "Sweet" sentiment, I used crystal effects to give it a little dimension. I have really been using crystal effects on a lot of my cards. I just love how it adds just a little extra something to each piece. Pretty simple card but I do like the way it turned out. I will have to practice a little on the stitching if I am going to use it on future cards. I am certainly a beginner with a sewing machine. LOL!
Ok so sorry for the long post, I have several cards to get uploaded and I promise not to ramble on with each one. LOL!

Supplies:

Stamps: Practicing Creativity Designs, For the Love of Dots

Paper: Kraft, So Saffron and Whisper White from Stampin' UP!, PP from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry Collection

Ink: Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink

Misc: Crystal Effects, buttons from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry Collection

**If you would like the purchase For the Love of Dots stamp set from Practicing Creativity Designs, check out my online store. I have several of their stamp sets. **

artfuldelight.com

No comments: