October 30, 2011

My sister

Oh what a lovely morning! Let me start by giving a list of things I am thankful for this morning:

  1. heat
  2. electricity
  3. TV
  4. Internet
  5. hot water
These are all the things I was without for about 7 hours yesterday. It may have been ok if I didn't live in an old house and have 4 restless children. Let's start by saying if you live on the east coast you may have experienced this:
Yup, that's snow. Not even November and we get a snow storm. At 9am yesterday power went out. By 10am it was cold enough in my house that we needed to be fully clothed with a few layers. By 1pm we were snuggled under blankets and wearing coats. LOL!! I was supposed to be at work at 1:30pm. I drove down there to get some candles and ask if it was ok I came in later. They were super slow so they didn't mind I didn't come in until 4. I went home and snuggled with my kids. Honestly the 3 lil ones were super warm, didn't seem bothered by the ice cold house. Well since I bought a lighter with the candles, around 3pm I lit the stove so we could make some warm food. As I was headed out around 3:55, just as I was walking out the door the power came back on. OHHHH what a relief. Thankfully we had a couple charged laptops that we could watch movies on for a bit but otherwise it was quite an uneventful day.

So this morning I wake to a warm house, dishwasher and washer running, laptop charging, TV's on and my coffee brewed and waiting for me to drink. All those "luxuries" I couldn't live without.

Well anywho, today I have a gorgeous LO to share with you that Abby created using October monthly kit. There are still some left, click here if you would like to purchase one.

ABBY

For more details about this LO please visit Abby's blog. Have your entered my giveaway going on right now? Click here to enter.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday. I will be doing some housework and then heading off to work for the afternoon. :-)

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful layout from Abby! So glad to hear that your power came on! You've officially had more snow than I did here in Wisconsin, but I'm sure we'll surpass you in no time. Well, at least you got to spend some quality time with your kiddos!

Lynn said...

Leeanne, Yikes! I'd be thankful for heat too with that weather! Wow...gorgeous layout by Abby too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad your power is back on!!! Looks COLD!!! I haven't lived in that FOREVER!! lol!! Visited, yes, lived, no! lol! :):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeee Abby's lo! I loveeeeeee that photo and the stitched circle! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, and it's sunny and warm out my window.

Debbie said...

Boy you got hit hard. I only got a dusting but also some freezing rain. Sorry to hear you lost your power, but glad to hear everything is back to normal! Gorgeous layout Abby!