February 4, 2012

Spotlight Saturday


Good morning and Happy Saturday!! Today will be a long day for me. I have to work and even though most of you work 8 hour shifts, it is not normal for me to at Micheals and today I have to. I think the longest part will come in that the first 2-3 hours of my day will be spent hosting a birthday party. Those are always so exhausting. But then I get to sit for 2 hours and demo a card, I get to craft for 2 hours. :-) Oh well. I have actually been thinking about trying to get a full time regular job after I finish this semester. I need the experience before I move and try to find a good paying job. Tony will be able to quit his job in June (his company paid for us to move to Virginia from Florida so in turn he had to sign a 3 year contract, his contract is up in June, wahhooooo). So when he quits, hopefully he will find a closer job and maybe work nights so I can work days. It will be REALLY hard for me to leave my kids all day every day.....I know many of you are saying "I do it every week" but I have been home with my kids for almost 5 years. But I think I will embrace the new experience with open arms.....a REAL job.....

Ok well enough about all that mumbo jumbo, today I would like to share with you our February Guest Designer. You may recognize the name from when I announced the January sketch challenge winner.

Marcia from One Scrap at a Time won our January sketch challenge and I just loved her work so I asked if she would be our February Guest Designer.

The LO we are sharing today is absolutely AMAZING. Marcia rocked the February scrapbook kit.



G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!! I love all the detail!! For more details and to welcome our February Guest Designer, please visit Marcia's blog. She will be back next Saturday to share more awesome-ness. :-)

That's it for today. I really wanted to craft today but not sure I will get to it. I bought some new Memory Box Dies and I am dying to play with them. :-) I do actually have one for sale if anyone is interested. I used it once, it is a beautiful die but I was looking for border die and this doesn't punch out the shape it punches out the design, does that make sense. Below are some pictures. I am asking $6.50 plus $1.75 shipping (US only).



WOW, that was a long post, I hope you all stayed until the end. I really appreciate all of you and appreciate that you stop by!

Enjoy your day!!

12 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Fantastic page, love the large scallops and the flower details! Hope you have a good day.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Beautiful LO Marcia! I love all the fun details! Good luck with your future plans Leeanne! I've been home for almost 5 years now too, so I understand what you are talking about.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Beautiful work Marcia!!! Just lovely and what a gorgeous kit!

April said...

I totally understand where you're coming from about the job Leeanne...I've been home with my girls for a long time and would feel the same way! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. ;)

Absolutely gorgeous page Marcia! Congrats on being the guest designer. :)
- April

Annette Allen said...

beautiful layout...beautiful detail..

Alice said...

wow! amazing layout. love all the details. you have a fab team! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BEAUTIFUL lo Marcia! I loveeeeee the scallops and the rosettes!! Just gorgeous!! And Leeanne... I hope work went well today! :):):):):):):):):):):)

LisiB said...

Lovely layout! and i totally understand where you are coming from. I have been a SAHM for 4 months and love it. Great to see that the new challenge is up. I will play for sure!

June Houck said...

Marcia, your work is gorgeous! You have rocked the February kit. I can't wait to see what you make next :)

Leeanne, you do have a real job! You are a wonderful mother, a loyal partner to Tony, you run a successful business, you excel as a full-time student, and you work at Michael's on the side.

Karen B. said...

Great layout! Good luck with whichever way your life takes you, I just hope that happiness comes along for the ride!

Debbie said...

Marcia's layout is beautiful!! Love the scallop border!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!